Watch the video below to learn how to create an accessible table with headers in CourseArc.
- To add a table into a page, you must create a content block.
- While editing the block, click on the table icon, then select your desired grid size of the table. If you are unsure of the size, you can always modify this later.
- Add your content into the table by placing your cursor into the first cell. Fill out the cell. Then, press your Tab key on your keyboard or click on the next cell. Continue until the table is filled out completely. If you need to add or delete rows or columns, click the table icon again, and find the option in the Row or Column section.
If you find that you need additional rows or columns, click the table icon. Then, click Row or Column and select the option to add a row/column before or after your selected cell.
- To set up the first row as a header row, highlight the cells in the first row, click the table icon, and go to the Row menu. Select Row Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select Header as the row type, and click OK to continue.
This step adds the <thead> row tag to the HTML source code, as shown below.
- Next, set up the individual cells as headers. Select ALL the cells in the header row, click on the Table icon in the menu, and select Cell. Then, select Cell properties.
- In the cell properties form, locate the Cell Type field , and select Header cell. Then, click OK to continue.
This next step adds the <th> cell tag to the HTML source code, as shown below.
- When you are finished, save the block.