Before adding a module to a course in Canvas, the CourseArc System Administrator and Canvas administrator must configure grade passback.
This article describes how to add a module with gradebook passback. If gradebook passback is not required, refer to How do I add a module without gradebook passback to Canvas?.
Note: Only a System Administrator, Course Administrator, and Course Leader have permission to view the LTI embed link.
- In CourseArc, navigate to the module that needs to be embedded. Select LTI Embed from the Manage dropdown.
Select and copy the URL from the modal window that appears.
In Canvas, navigate to the Assignments page of the course you wish to embed content into. Click on +Assignment.
A modal window will appear. Enter in the fields as follows:
Type: External Tool
Name: The title of your module
Fill out the Due: field and Points: field if needed.
Click More Options.
- In the Submission Type section, paste in the URL previously copied from CourseArc.
- Click the Save button to continue.
- Navigate to the Modules page of the course. Use the + button to add the assignment to the desired module.
- In the modal window, select Assignment from the drop down menu. Select the assignment you just created. Click the Add Item button.
- After adding the item, confirm that it (and its parent module) is set to published.