If you are an enterprise client, the Schoology Administrator and CourseArc System Administrator will need to work together to set up the initial LTI connection. The basic/free Schoology installations do not require this step.
- In CourseArc, navigate to the the module that needs to be embedded. Click the module's Manage dropdown and select LTI Embed.
Note: Only a System Administrator, Course Administrator, and Course Leader have permission to view the LTI embed link information.
Click Copy Link to copy the LTI URL.
- In Schoology, navigate to the course where the CourseArc module needs to be added and click Add Materials followed by Add File/Link/External Tool.
- The Add File/Link modal will appear. Choose External Tool.
- The Add External Tool form will appear. If the LTI connection has been configured at the institution level, CourseArc will appear as an option in the Tool Provider dropdown. Enter the Title of the activity and paste in the launch URL (from step 2). Check Enable Grading to pass scores from CourseArc back to the Schoology gradebook. If grading is enabled, choose a gradebook category for the activity. When the form is complete, click the Submit button.
Note: If using a Chrome browser and Chrome usernames and passwords have been saved, Chrome auto-populates those stored credentials to the Consumer Key: and Shared Secret: fields which breaks the LTI connection. This warning applies to steps 5 and 6.
- If you are using the free/basic version of Schoology and have not set up an LTI connection with CourseArc, the Add External Tool form will appear as shown below. Choose Automatic, based on URL from the Tool Provider dropdown. Enter the Title of the activity and paste in the launch URL (from step 2). Fill in the Consumer Key and Shared Secret fields with the key and secret you set up in the CourseArc LTI settings. Check Enable Grading to pass scores from CourseArc back to the Schoology gradebook. If grading is enabled, choose a gradebook category for the activity. Click the Submit button when the form is complete.
Note: The Consumer Key: and Shared Secret: fields only need to be set up once. After the initial setup, CourseArc will appear in the dropdown as shown in step 5.
- The LTI link will now appear in your Schoology course as shown below.