This article explains how to set up the CourseArc course search option from the Chrome browser address bar. The CourseArc course search finds words or phrases in the titles of courses, modules, and pages. Users assigned to the global roles System Administrator or Course Administrator will see search results from any course. All other users
Note: CourseArc also has a Search All feature that can be accessed from the Tools dropdown on the Dashboard. These two different search options perform the same search—finding words or phrases in the titles of courses, modules, and pages.
- To navigate to the appropriate Chrome settings, copy and paste the following text into the Chrome address bar and then press the Enter key.
- Next to Other search engines click the Add button to create a custom CourseArc search engine.
Fill out the form with the following:
- Search engine: CourseArc
- Keyword: ca
- URL - Paste in the following URL, replacing subdomain with the name of your organization's CourseArc subdomain.
Click Add to continue.
To search CourseArc courses for words or phrases in the titles of courses, modules, and pages; perform these steps:
- Enter ca in the address bar
- Press the Tab key once
- Enter the search term(s) and press the Enter key
For information on the alternative method to search for words or phrases in the titles of courses, modules, and pages; refer to How do I use the Search All tool?