Only a System Administrator or Graphic Designer can customize themes. CourseArc has two themes that can be customized: CourseArc Generic theme and CourseArc Colored Header theme.
CourseArc Generic theme
CourseArc Colored Header theme
Tip: Rather than creating a theme from scratch, duplicate an existing theme and modify the duplicated theme to create the required branding,
- Click Settings on the navigation bar and select Themes from the dropdown list.
- On the Themes page, select the Add New Theme button.
- Select the desired theme.
- Fill out the text fields. In this example, [Course Number] and [Course Title] are entered in the Header fields. These fields are also customizable at the course level.
Note: Some fields may not appear based on options selected.
- In the Logo/Banner: field, click +Select your image to upload an image or select an existing image. The recommended image size is 210x103. Images may be resized if they are too large.
- Select an existing image from the File Manager or upload a new image. To upload an image, select the Choose File button.
- A file upload dialog will appear. Select the required file and click Open.
Note: This dialog box may look different depending on the computer operating system manufacturer or release version.
- Select the Upload File button located on the top right-hand side.
- Select the Continue button.
- Select the checkbox next to the file that was uploaded. The menu with options will appear. Click Choose to select your file as the logo.
- In the color fields, select the desired colors. Any color field left blank will use the default color. For more information on selecting colors, see the article on what each color field represents.
- Click on the color picker icon and select the color needed, or enter a hex color into the text field. Click Choose to continue.
- For more advanced control of the theme, use the Custom CSS: field to set up the CSS as needed.
- Click Preview to preview the theme, or click Save to update the Custom CSS: settings.