In order to integrate CourseArc content in Moodle, a CourseArc System Administrator and a Moodle administrator must work together to get the initial LTI connection set up.
Note: Only a Moodle administrator can configure an LTI connection in Moodle.
- Set up an LTI connection within CourseArc. Keep this page open in a new window for easy access.
- In Moodle, click on the Site administration link and then choose the Plugins tab.
- Scroll down to External tool and select Manage tools.
- Click on configure a tool manually.
- Configure the fields as follows:
Tool name: CourseArc
Tool URL: Paste in the URL from the CourseArc LTI page and remove /LTI from the end (see example above)
LTI version: LTI 1.0/1.1
Consumer key: Paste in from the CourseArc LTI page - see example above
Shared secret: Paste in from the CourseArc LTI page - see example above
Tool configuration usage: Change dropdown to Do not show; use only when a matching launch URL is entered
Default launch container: Change dropdown to Embed, without blocks
IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services: Change dropdown to Use this service for grade sync and column management if you intend to use CourseArc's bookmarking or grading features.
IMS LTI Names and Role Provisioning: Change dropdown to Use this service to retrieve member's information as per privacy settings if you intend to use CourseArc's bookmarking or grading features.
Privacy: In the Privacy section, select Always for each field if you intend to use CourseArc's bookmarking or grading features.
- Click Save changes and then link to a CourseArc module to test the connection.