CourseArc is designed to perform well, even on low bandwidth connections. However, there are some strategies to further improve performance for students using limited Internet connections:
- Reduce the number of pages per module by consolidating multiple pages of related content on to a single page. Use appropriate headings to separate and organize the content. Use the Tabs and Accordions blocks to consolidate related content within a single block. These blocks allow content to be displayed in smaller pieces based on user interaction.
- Use a mainstream video streaming service, such as Vimeo or YouTube, for all embedded video content. All of the top-tier streaming services have a low-bandwidth setting that students can use.
- Recommend that students use Google Chrome as their browser.
- Advise students to have browser caching turned on.
- Use CourseArc's Image block and File Manager to upload all images. CourseArc ensures all images are scaled appropriately and compressed for optimal load time.